Usually we have something fun or interesting to report, but this week has been pretty ordinary so far. Last Saturday we went to a model expo at the San Diego Air and Space Museum. We found a model airplane kit that Jered had been looking for everywhere and did a brief tour of the jets on display (outdoor display--a little warm during midday!). They have an F-14, so of course Jered was happy. Later that afternoon, we went to BabiesRUs to pick up a few things like a diaper bag, diaper genie, changing table cover, etc. Yesterday we went to Target and got a few newborn clothes--amazingly enough, only one person gave us a newborn outfit! However, Will is already well set up once he passes the 10-12lb. mark thanks to family and friends. I am continuing to work on the blanket I am knitting, and only have 3 1/2 squares left. It should be a cinch to finish, provided I don't get distracted by other things! Our next doctor's appointment is July 5th. On July 2nd we are having a fourth ultrasound to verify that the baby is not getting too big because of the diabetes. I've read that this is normal towards the end, but not only have I stopped gaining weight, I actually lost almost 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Definitely not something I'll complain about, and it makes me really glad that the military tests so vigorously for gestational diabetes. Looking back at our pregancy journal, Jered and I noted that I had only gained 11 lbs at 20 weeks, then in the next 10 weeks, I gained 20 lbs! I guess that's when the condition developed. Once they started me on the diabetes diet and blood sugar testing, I quit gaining, so I'm very grateful. We've also learned a lot about what's really heathly for you and what just seems healthy. It can actually be a little tricky, but worth while to investigate. We hope that everyone is having a great week, and look forward to reporting more on the baby after our appointment next week.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
34 Weeks
Usually we have something fun or interesting to report, but this week has been pretty ordinary so far. Last Saturday we went to a model expo at the San Diego Air and Space Museum. We found a model airplane kit that Jered had been looking for everywhere and did a brief tour of the jets on display (outdoor display--a little warm during midday!). They have an F-14, so of course Jered was happy. Later that afternoon, we went to BabiesRUs to pick up a few things like a diaper bag, diaper genie, changing table cover, etc. Yesterday we went to Target and got a few newborn clothes--amazingly enough, only one person gave us a newborn outfit! However, Will is already well set up once he passes the 10-12lb. mark thanks to family and friends. I am continuing to work on the blanket I am knitting, and only have 3 1/2 squares left. It should be a cinch to finish, provided I don't get distracted by other things! Our next doctor's appointment is July 5th. On July 2nd we are having a fourth ultrasound to verify that the baby is not getting too big because of the diabetes. I've read that this is normal towards the end, but not only have I stopped gaining weight, I actually lost almost 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Definitely not something I'll complain about, and it makes me really glad that the military tests so vigorously for gestational diabetes. Looking back at our pregancy journal, Jered and I noted that I had only gained 11 lbs at 20 weeks, then in the next 10 weeks, I gained 20 lbs! I guess that's when the condition developed. Once they started me on the diabetes diet and blood sugar testing, I quit gaining, so I'm very grateful. We've also learned a lot about what's really heathly for you and what just seems healthy. It can actually be a little tricky, but worth while to investigate. We hope that everyone is having a great week, and look forward to reporting more on the baby after our appointment next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment