Friday, June 22, 2007

33 Weeks

On Tuesday, Jered and I went to the Chula Vista Nature Center. They have tanks with sea turtles, moray eels, and other assorted sea life. You can pet rays, kites, and guitar fish at the "Shark & Ray Experience." Both the ray and shark tanks are open on the top as well as being glassed in on the sides, so you get a really good view, especially during feeding time. There are also outdoor eagle, owl, and raptor exhibits. We enjoyed the walking trails, which lead down to the beach, and saw spectacular views from the observation decks. It was a great way to spend our "weekend" (Jered has been working weekends and off Monday and Tuesday) and it only cost $9 for both of us.

We had our monthly check up on Thursday and the doctor said that everything was going well. He was especially glad that I had been following the diet plan that my diabetes nutritionist showed me. My blood sugars have been normal--so far so good. Our next appointment will be in two weeks. We are also having another ultrasound in two weeks so they can keep an eye on the baby's size because of the diabetes. A great side effect of following the diabetes nutrition plan is that I have not gained any weight for the last 4 weeks!
We are also continuing our childbirth classes on Tuesday and Thursday. The last one is July 5th, and after that we only have a month until the baby is due! I spent most of today sorting through and washing clothes, blankets, sheets, etc. that our kind friends and relatives have given us. We still have a few more things to get before Will gets here--whenever I think that we have pretty much everything we need, I remember something else we don't have! We're going shopping together tomorrow to hopefully knock out some of the baby purchases we still need to make.

1 comment: