The worst part of our father's day was having to chop down our lovely jasmine plant that used to cover a good portion of our back patio fence. Our neighbors cut down the top part that was supported by the arbor on their side of the fence, and the plant crashed down into a big heap in our flower garden. So between church and the party, we spent a few hours cutting it down and then cutting it into pieces to fix into our 2 yard waste cans. Even so, we still have a large pile of cuttings to go out with next week's pick up. We salvaged what we could (the main trunk) and re-attached it to the fence, hoping it will grow back quickly. We will certainly miss the heavenly perfume of the flowers in the meantime.
Lately, Jered and I have been going to a bible study using the movie "Fireproof" at the nearby Methodist church on Wednesdays, and we've also been teaching 4-6th grade Sunday school for the month of June. The kids are really great. Jered has been missing church a lot for the last year or so, and this is a good opportunity for him and me as well. I think they do a 3 month cycle, so we'll do it again later this year. I'm also on the 3 month cycle now for the worship team. I haven't sang with a microphone for a few years, so hopefully I won't get too nervous, hehe. I'm really looking forward to it though and hope it goes well. I tried to rook Jered into it too, but I've had no luck yet since he's out of town so much and doesn't have a predictable schedule. We've several activies scheduled for our family ministry that we're looking forward to this summer, and also our vaction with my parents in 2 weeks. We are meeting in Colorado Springs for just under a week, and we are excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment