Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wild Animal Park & Happy Bday Jered!

Last Tuesday, Will and I went with our friends the Strouses to the Wild Animal Park north of San Diego. I didn't know what to expect, but it was wonderful! There are lots of exhibits, a "safari ride," a petting zoo, and much more. We definitely need to go back when Jered isn't working and explore more. Will was very excited because we got to all ride up together in the Strouse's van, which meant more time with Hannah and Hailey (aka Nana and baby). He adores them, and his first words upon exiting the airport after our trip to Wisconsin were, "Nana? and baby?" So needless to say, he was very excited to have fun with his friends. It was a great day. We are going tomorrow with them to Sea World, which I know will make Will very happy again. Please remember him in your prayers - Tuesday is his tubes surgery, which should be very quick. We'll give an update when it's over.



Saturday we celebrated Jered's 32nd birthday as well as we could (he worked the whole day). While he was at work, I decorated the dining room with Happy Birthday banners and table cloth and got him a cake from Cold Stone. Still recovering from my bronchitis, I didn't have the energy to go all out on the cake and dinner (I usually make and decorate cakes myself), but the coffee icecream with Heath bar, devil's food cake, and dark chocolate fondant was pretty darn good! I made him some yummy tacos for dinner; afterwards we played our online game and had a blast with our LOTRO buddies.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jared! And I hope everything went well with Will.

    ReplyDelete