Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday...to me! :-)

Yesterday I celebrated my 27th birthday. I had a wonderful day, which started out good because Will slept until about 9am. We went to Starbucks before our playdate and got a doughnut and a beverage with lots of caffeine and calories. We spent a couple of hours at the park. We had fun with our friends and got a nice little tan. When we got home Will took his nap, but I was too caffeinated, so I read my book and talked on the phone to all the family members who called to say happy birthday! Thanks everyone. We went to King's Fish House for dinner and I had delectable fried shrimp. They even brought me a free slice of homemade key lime pie, which I couldn't pass up because it's one of my favorite desserts. I felt a little guilty because Jered already made me a birthday cake, but not too bad to enjoy it...hahaha! We went home and put Will to bed. Then Jered and I watched City of Ember, a young adult sci-fi flick that was pretty entertaining. We also had cake and ice cream (again!). A very fun birthday all together. Tonight we are going out to eat again with the Strouses from church.

Jered took off work this morning so he could watch Will while I went to my first session of physical therapy. The doctor showed me stretches and strengthening exercises to do at home, and I will also be going in twice week for the next 3 weeks. A very neat thing Will did today was drinking his milk at snack time out of a regular cup (no lid or straw) all by himself! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mandy! I'm glad that you had a good day, and that you splurged. It's good to treat yourself once in awhile. ;-)

    They showed City of Ember on the plane home from Vermont. I slept through most of it and didn't have sound for the rest, but it looked interesting.

    ReplyDelete