We had a church picnic at Rohr Park today for our Young Family Ministry. The Model Railway Club runs their trains there every 3rd Saturday, so the kids had lots of fun on the little trains. Will was SO excited. Ug and Max went with us too. All the kids loved petting them -- although one girl said, "I like the blonde one because the other one's face is kind of ugly." That was hilarious. We didn't get home until 3pm, and Will was still revved up, so his nap was a no go, and he went to bed at 6:30pm. He was out in about 30 sec I think! Jered took a video of us on the train, so I’ll put that on our
video page. Most of these pictures are from our friend Molly, who was at the picnic.




We've been busy these last couple of weeks. Jered had his big annual audit at work. Everything went well, despite - or maybe because of - all Jered's worrying. His programs in particular got good reviews, but he will not see any of the accolades from them. Those go to the workers under him, but we know what a hard worker he is.
Will and I are still busy with all of our play groups and stuff. I'm going to physical therapy twice a week at Balboa Naval Medical center. It's going well, I think, but I'm sore after each time. This week I had PT, then a couple of busy days with lots of lifting and carrying, so I am extremely sore today. Good thing they gave me stretches to do at home or I think my back would just give up on me, haha!

These are pictures that Kendra sent me of Will and his friend Hannah when we were at their house for dinner a couple of weeks ago. The Strouses have a model train set in their back yard. Will is in love with trains right now, and he was really excited. When we were in our own yard the next day, he was leaning over our garden fence (in the same place as theirs) looking for the "toot toot." He couldn't figure out why we didn't have one too!

No comments:
Post a Comment