Saturday, March 21, 2009

Will's Words

It's hard now to pinpoint all the new words Will is using, but this week there were a few that were memorable to us. First was a couple of days ago when we were praying before bed, Will said, "I love you Jesus." He is not one to mimick things he doesn't understand, and he's only said I love you to me and Jered so far, so it was really cute and moving. He loves to pray, and asks to do it all the time.
He has also started pointing out body parts, and loves the song "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes," because he likes to dance and do the movements. Well, he has taken to wanting to wipe his trains' faces after they eat, and yesterday he pointed at their eyes and said, "Eyes!" He wanted to wipe their eyes after he ate, so they will be clean too. You should see him studiously wiping down their faces and bodies. It's adorable. And now he wants to point out eyes - like Uggy's eyes, my eyes, etc.

Will also noticed in these last couple of weeks that airplanes and helicopters are very cool! He gets really excited when he hears one, points up at the sky, and makes a sound like he's going to hyperventilate. He calls them "gooks" with a throaty "k" sound (I have no idea why!), but makes a very good jet engine noise. Daddy is very proud and enjoyed showing Will some of the helicopters in his squadron this week :-) I'm glad about this because Will likes the daycare I'm taking him to during my physical therapy at Balboa NMC because we are near the airport and he can watch the planes!

1 comment:

  1. He looks so grown up with all that hair!! And how many little blankies do you have?!?! We have one just like that that Carter refuses to use. I had it as a spare if his giraffe blankie was in the wash, but it is inferior.

    ReplyDelete