Will and I have been having a lot of fun at the parks in our area recently. He's always liked going to the park, but now he asks me repeatedly, "Go out? Go out?" Whenever we pass a park that he recognizes, Will says, "Yeah? Yeah? Go, go." We've been frequenting the park closest to our house on Tuesday after his My Gym class and met some other kids and moms there that seem to go regularly too. One of the children is a boy just 1 week older than Will! Will's favorite park toys are his trike, trucks, cars, trains, balls, and digging tools. If he sees a group of kids playing, he jumps right in even if he doesn't know them.Yesterday we went to what I thought was going to be a meet up for our current moms group at a local park. I didn't see anyone from our group, but I met a very nice group of other moms that gather at a different park every Monday around 10am - perfect! They are a much smaller group than ours with only 25 on the roster and about a dozen that meet regularly. Sounds like a good opportunity to make some closer friends, as our group has at least 100 on the roster and I rarely see the same group twice.
So we have playgroup Monday, Gym class & park Tuesday, playgroup Wednesday, library storytime and park Thursday, and nothing planned for Friday (thank goodness). I'm ahead of the game working on my summer tan with all these park dates, seeing how our temperatures have already reached 75 this month, with cooler days here and there. It's nice to have our days full (and scheduled, because you know that's how I like things). We eat lunch after our playdates, then Will sleeps for about 3 hrs. When I wake him, he has a snack, then has playpen time for about 1-1.5 hrs, then I make supper and Daddy is home! Speaking of which, visit our Videos section to see Will playing with Daddy last night.
Oh how I wish I could have your schedule! I'm really looking forward to summer when I will just have Carter and we can get out and do things. I've already made a list of places to go. I want to do a "field trip" every day.
ReplyDelete