



We're so excited because Jered is coming home from his 18 day trip to Las Vegas this weekend! Will and I have been very busy while he was gone. Will had an upper respiratory infection and ear infection in January, then I hurt my back again the weekend after Jered left. We've been back and forth to the doctor and hospital quite a few times. Today the doc told me that something (a vertebrae, I think) is compressed and hurting a nerve, and she thinks I have an injured ligament in my knee, and that's why it goes out. She gave me some anti-inflammatory, a physical therapy referral, and an order to get an MRI before I come back. She doesn't think the physical therapy will solve my problems, but will help with the pain.Will is just going, going, going. He is like a little energizer bunny. He is also quite the talker and says a couple of new words everyday - putting his own little twist on them, it's so cute. The last few he said were: Balboba (Balboa - the hospital), Rora (Dora the explorer), Amen, boy, let's go, and whoo whoo (like an owl). He adores books and brings me several each day to read to him, besides our normal before nap/bed story. He's also entranced by cars - which is his word for cars, planes, helicopter, and bikes. When a car goes by he says, "Car! Car! Go go." When he rides his tricycle, Will says, "Bvroom, bvroom." I really enjoy all the new things I'm getting to teach him and watch him learn. This week he started folding his hands when we pray, which is so cute! Yesterday afternoon, I taught Will how to play ring around the rosy. He thought it was sooo much fun. He giggled until he got hiccups, and kept saying, "Yeah!! Yeah!!" (his way of saying let's do it again) every time we "fell down" at the end of the song. We're so happy that Jered will be home this weekend to enjoy these fun times with us.
Will is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that your back is still giving you trouble. I had a protruding disk two years ago that was pinching a nerve, and I had to get an MRI. I wound up getting a couple of steroid shots in my back. My back hasn't really bothered me since. I wonder if that's something that could help you? I hope you find something to take away the pain! I'll be praying for you!
Love,
Annie
Ug, I can't imagine having back troubles with a toddler! Carter is always getting into things so lounging is out of the question! I hope they get something figured out for you!
ReplyDeleteI wish we could be wearing shorts in February! I've taken Carter outside a little bit the past few days but we can only be out 15-20 mins. because of the cold. At least the snow is gone!