Saturday, June 28, 2008

Too much excitement...

Well, we had all the excitement that we could handle this week. We had some excitement Monday after lunch. Max was pretty sick. Such a mess!! He also wasn’t wanting to move or drink or eat, and he was shaking. I called his foster mom from the rescue group in Virginia. She told me how to check his stomach and intestinal area.
I went ahead and took him to the vet because he kept getting worse. They had just checked his weight and got his history and the nurse left, when he started to vomit again. I saw something black coming out of his mouth, so I pulled….and pulled….and pulled! It was the drawstring from my pajama pants!! What a stinker!! If I hadn’t been so worried, I would have been mad at him! I can’t believe it.

The doctor lectured me on “keeping the deck clean.” I said, “Do you see the 10 month old in the stroller? We have a very clean floor! I keep my PJ’s under my pillow.” He started saying that I need to put my pajamas away in a drawer every morning. Yeah, right! I’m sure he folds his PJ’s and puts them away before work every morning so his dog won’t get them out from under his pillow, pull out the drawstring and eat it! That’s like saying that I should put all my tennis shoes up out of the dog’s reach because they might pull out the laces and eat them…it’s not like he’s a puppy!

Anyway, besides that little bit of frustration, I was soooo happy that it came out and that that was all it was. And glad that God had fixed it before we had to do x-rays and stuff. They gave me Famotidine and something else for his stomach. He’s back on his favorite perch on the back of the recliner (he sits on the top and looks out the window like a cat!). So we are very thankful to God that he has mercifully healed out littlest buddy.

At the shopping center with Sara and Ella:























Spoon feeding:

No comments:

Post a Comment