We had a bittersweet weekend. Saturday our friend April babysat for us and we went to see Indiana Jones. Afterwards, we had cheesecake and coffee and browsed the bookstore. It was wonderful and brought back memories of our carefree pre-parenting days, which we didn't realize were carefree until now! Today we got to go to church together and sit together during the service, for the first time in I don't know how long. We thought about going out to eat, but Jered needed to finish packing so we stayed at home. After lunch, Jered went to get his haircut and came back with flowers - best husband ever. I got a bouquet on Father's Day! The card we gave Jered had a 10 second recorder, so we recorded Will saying Da da and me talking so he can take it on the ship. I dropped Jered off at 7:30 this evening at his squadron. They were taking a government van to the ship so they can pull up closer. He called me and said he's set up on the boat and ready to pull out tomorrow morning. Please keep him in your prayers as they are underway to Hawaii.


Gosh... I knew i shouldn't have looked at this blog again... it made me cry. What happy pictures Will and Jered take together!
ReplyDeleteAwww..your honey left. How long will he be gone?
ReplyDelete