Monday, October 29, 2007

12 Weeks Old--Happy Halloween!

We can't believe it! Will is 12 weeks. I was looking at his first pictures and wondering where my wrinkly little baby went. His 6-9 month sleepers are getting tight and will probably be too short to snap soon. Over the last 2 weeks, Will has really made great developmental strides. He smiles and "talks" all the time now. Whenever he's awake, he's gabbing. It's very endearing--just like his huge grin when he sees someone or something he likes. His newest "words" are: yum, mmnnn, num, ma, and "hi." I'm sure he doesn't actually know that he's saying hi, he's just good at repeating whatever sounds mommy makes! He can also bring an object to his mouth to chew (i.e. his puppy, a rattle) and holds onto my arm while I'm carrying him. That feels great--just like getting a hug! The only hard part is that he doesn't want to let go when I put him down in his crib. He has started rolling from his back onto his side and using his legs to kick at toys. Today Jered saw him holding his foot. Also in the last 2 weeks, he's gotten very good at napping. He generally wakes up around 7, then eats/plays for an hour, then sleeps 9-11 or 12, then eats/plays for an hour, then sleeps again for another 2-3 hours, then eats and has daddy-time after Jered gets home from work. We put him down between 7 and 8pm, then wake him around 9pm for his last feeding, after which he goes right back to bed. He has become very content and has stopped the late evening fussy time, which he sleeps right through now. It's also nice for me to not have to feed him as often, only 5 times a day. We are glad to have more time in the evening to spend as a couple--we actually get to have adult conversations again :) I joined a mom's group this weekend called Chula Vista East Moms for full and part-time stay at home and work at home moms. They have some sort of activity 4-5 times a week so you can pick the day or days that work best for you. Hopefully Will and I will fit in quickly and make some new friends.

















No comments:

Post a Comment