This week we had a visit from Great-grandma & grandpa Minard. They were here for a WWII reunion and flew out a few days earlier to see us. Jered had a great time catching up with them, and I was meeting them for the first time. Jered and grandpa talked about military aircraft almost non-stop and had a lot of fun looking at all of Jered's aircraft books. Grandma and I played with the baby and had lots to chat about. I found out that she likes knitting also! She made Will a beautiful baby blanket and some pot holders, coasters and towels for us. Jered took them to see the Midway carrier museum and we also toured the base and hangar where Jered works. We had a great time and are so thankful that they could extend their trip to see us. I never met any of my great-grandparents, so I'm glad that Will was able to. A cute thing he started doing this week is smiling at the dogs. They walk by him and he'll follow them with his eyes and smile. He's getting to know the whole family now! He will sit up on his own for a few seconds and will also stand up on his own strength if you only keep him steady--because of course he has no balance yet!Thursday, September 20, 2007
6 Weeks Old
This week we had a visit from Great-grandma & grandpa Minard. They were here for a WWII reunion and flew out a few days earlier to see us. Jered had a great time catching up with them, and I was meeting them for the first time. Jered and grandpa talked about military aircraft almost non-stop and had a lot of fun looking at all of Jered's aircraft books. Grandma and I played with the baby and had lots to chat about. I found out that she likes knitting also! She made Will a beautiful baby blanket and some pot holders, coasters and towels for us. Jered took them to see the Midway carrier museum and we also toured the base and hangar where Jered works. We had a great time and are so thankful that they could extend their trip to see us. I never met any of my great-grandparents, so I'm glad that Will was able to. A cute thing he started doing this week is smiling at the dogs. They walk by him and he'll follow them with his eyes and smile. He's getting to know the whole family now! He will sit up on his own for a few seconds and will also stand up on his own strength if you only keep him steady--because of course he has no balance yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment