
William Royce Hanschen was born on Tuesday, August 7, 2007 at 2:11pm. He weighed 8lbs, 4oz, and measured 21.5 inches--a lot bigger than the doctors had thought he would be! On Monday evening at 7:00pm, I started getting regular contractions that had reached 3-5 per minute by midnight. I went up to take a shower and try to get some sleep; everyone was hopeful that this was it! After my shower, my contractions had petered off and I was prepared to wait a few more days when my water broke at 1:40am. No doubt about it now--baby was on the way! We left for the
hospital at 2:00am and checked in at NMC at 2:40am. My contractions had basically stopped by this point and I measured at barely 2 cm, so they started me on pitocin. The contractions quickly became regular again, and increasingly painful. I was in labor for 6 hours before I got an epidural. The doctors and nurses kept coming by the room to say how well I was breathing through them--they said that I should be on a lamaze video :) and thought I must have had a baby before. Despite the praise, I opted for the epidural and was very grateful when it kicked in! There was an hour or so that the medicine quit
working and I had to use the breathing techniques again before they upped the dosage and gave me a narcotic. By the time I started pushing at 1:45pm, I was feeling no pain at all. I actually smiled and laughed through the 26 minutes I was pushing. We had a wonderful delivery experience and are thankful for the caring and experienced staff at NMC. Jered did a really good job during the last part of the labor too. He and I were in awe at the miracle we were a part of. I can't describe the over-powering love I felt for Will when they placed him on my chest after the delivery. I thought that I couldn't ever love anyone as much as I love Jered, but God has filled my heart to overflowing with love for my son. We are also thankful that my parents could be here to be a part of this joyous time.
hospital at 2:00am and checked in at NMC at 2:40am. My contractions had basically stopped by this point and I measured at barely 2 cm, so they started me on pitocin. The contractions quickly became regular again, and increasingly painful. I was in labor for 6 hours before I got an epidural. The doctors and nurses kept coming by the room to say how well I was breathing through them--they said that I should be on a lamaze video :) and thought I must have had a baby before. Despite the praise, I opted for the epidural and was very grateful when it kicked in! There was an hour or so that the medicine quit
working and I had to use the breathing techniques again before they upped the dosage and gave me a narcotic. By the time I started pushing at 1:45pm, I was feeling no pain at all. I actually smiled and laughed through the 26 minutes I was pushing. We had a wonderful delivery experience and are thankful for the caring and experienced staff at NMC. Jered did a really good job during the last part of the labor too. He and I were in awe at the miracle we were a part of. I can't describe the over-powering love I felt for Will when they placed him on my chest after the delivery. I thought that I couldn't ever love anyone as much as I love Jered, but God has filled my heart to overflowing with love for my son. We are also thankful that my parents could be here to be a part of this joyous time.
No comments:
Post a Comment