Monday, December 7, 2009

12 Weeks

Yesterday, we got our Christmas tree put up and wreath on the door, etc, but also had a hard time with Will, who came down with his first case of the throw ups last night. Poor guy has never really thrown up before and he was having it every 20 min for about 4 hrs. Jered said you could tell it was the first time he'd been sick like that because we both were up with him until Jered finally went to bed at 12am (he had to work today). We camped out on the couch and put on the cartoon channel for Will. He's never been one to fall asleep if anyone else is around, so he kept asking to go to bed. I finally put him down at 1:30am because the tyke didn't have anything left to throw up. I was about to take him to bed when he started dry heaving again. I felt so bad, I asked him if he wanted Mommy to keep holding him, but he said, "No, bed...bed...please!" between heaving. Okay-dokey. He fell asleep immediately and slept until 12 pm today, when I woke him to make sure he drank something and didn't get dehydrated. He threw up again around lunch time, but not since. He didn't eat anything all day except a few raisins and about 1 cup of juice mixed with Pedialyte and water. Poor little guy. He's asleep now and I hope he's feeling much better tomorrow! It's also been raining all day (very weird for us So-Cal people). There was all kinds of flooding and car wrecks on the news today and the rain is supposed to continue through the weekend. On a positive note, we started the 2nd trimester of our pregnancy! Also, the Zofran the doc prescribed works very well. On the downside, she only gave me a little over 10 tablets, hoping I'd feel better at the end of this week. I might be calling for a refill, but for now, I'm trying to ration the tablets and not use them every day...although it would be nice to feel normal every day! Hopefully soon :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment