Sunday, December 13, 2009

13 Weeks

This week ended much better than it began. Will is completely well and I'm getting there. As most of you know already, I was in the ER for 9 hrs on Tuesday. The stomach bug we got plus having hyperemesis gravidarum (extreme nausea/vomiting during pregnancy) caused me to vomit over 40 times between 530am and 1230pm on Tuesday morning. We spent the entire day in the ER hooked up to heart monitors and 3 liters of IV fluids. I lost almost 10lbs in about 4 days. I have Zofran to take every day now and a standing appointment for more IV fluids if needed. The blessing in disguise was the doctors discovered a non-specific bacterial infection that could have caused a miscarriage. If I had not had to go to the hospital, that might have gone untreated as I had no symptoms of an infection. I'm on Macrobid (again) to clear it up. Monday is the OB check up to make sure I am recovering well. We are so thankful for our family and friends for their phone calls and emails of support and concern. The church brought me a very nice poinsettia plant and a gift card for Boston Market too. It's so wonderful to know people care.
We had a special treat at church today because the children did their Christmas program. Will's 2-3 yr old class wore halos and recited a short Christmas story poem and sang a couple of Christmas songs. Will really enjoyed being on the stage and I could hear him very clearly on the poem and first song. Ever since he saw mommy singing on stage, he runs up the stage steps after church and says, "Sing? Sing?" We're posting that video on our video page if you want to see him! It was sooooo very cute :-) We also got another treat tonight - the baby gave me the first good hard kick! The baby has been tapping away and fluttering for the past few weeks, but this is the first real kick. After the kick, the baby turned completely over and dragged something along my tummy. I forgot how hard they can kick and what it feels like when they "scrape" your belly - so I yelped! Will said, "Mommy's okay?" I explained that the baby is moving and it surprised me. What a wonderful moment to end such a not-so-hot (too put it mildly) week!




Will at My Kid's Clubhouse for friend Ella's 2nd birthday party.

2 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    I am so sorry that you were sick! I can't even imagine how awful that would have been. I'm glad you're doing better and that the doctors found the infection. I will definitely be praying for you!

    I hope everyone is healthy for Christmas!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, but like you said thank goodness for the blessing (I still have trouble calling it that) in disguise. Hang in there! I hope you are feeling better soon and that the nausea, etc will go away.

    ReplyDelete