Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Haircut

We got Will's hair cut this week. We had been getting it cut about every 2-3 months since he was 10mos old, but this time it had been 4 months and it was really long. It was funny - Will and I stayed in the salon and Jered went to Barnes and Nobles. When we went to find him in the bookstore, he didn't even recognize Will. His hair was so long they cut at least 2 inches off all over. After the girl cut it, she had all the other stylists come over and admire Will's eyelashes. They oohed and ahhed over his eyes and one girl said, "It looks like he has on mascara!" I told them if his dad was still in the shop, they would see where those eyes came from!
I had decided we needed to really get his hair cut because I had three different people tell me 1) my daughter was pretty, 2) how old is she, and 3) you have a very well behaved young lady, she is beautiful.... I didn't think his hair was that long and we tend to dress him in either blue or cars/trucks/trains all the time, so I don't really understand this, but three in one week was just one too many for mama. We also scheduled Will's 2 yr old check up...no openings until Sept 29! I didn't know I had to schedule it 2 months in advance, or I would have done it in June, hehe.



















So the realtor put our house up on the market on Aug. 10 and for the next 5 days, we had the phone ringing off the hook and appointments everyday to show the house. However, Friday afternoon she called me to let me know they were taking the house off the market - they already had an accepted offer and a back up offer. In 5 days! That's pretty crazy, but it's an updated house in the most desired neighborhood, and they are selling it about 40k under value, so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. I'm having a very hard time finding something in our neighborhood for the same price that is updated, comparable size, has AC and grass (that sounds weird, but newer So-Cal houses don't really have yards, just stamped concrete for the most part!). We were so excited to find a house for rent on the same street as our good friends the Strouses. I met with the landlord yesterday and he took me through the house. The house itself and the location are great, but the landlord said several things that led me to think he might be a little shifty. When I shared with Jered, he thought the same thing, so I guess we're still on the hunt. We're branching out our search a little to include older homes in Chula Vista that might have grassy yards and the nearby city of Spring Valley, where you can find similar homes to ours, but cheaper and with big yards. We have 2 we've asked for information on yesterday - a 3bed 3 bath in Spring Valley and a 4 bed 2.5 bath here in Chula Vista. It's frustrating right now because we really want to resolve this, yet we know it's better to wait for the loan default notice so the military can move us, which won't happen until late September or October...lots of headaches. Can't wait to just get it over with!

2 comments:

  1. He looks so grown up with his hair cut! Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how grown up he looks. He is so handsome. Good luck on the house hunt!

    ReplyDelete