Monday, December 31, 2007

Our First Date in 5 Months...

On December 27th Jered and I went out alone for the first time in 5 months! Jered surprised me by putting a note in my stocking at Christmas telling me to reserve Thursday evening for a date, but didn't tell me anything else. He took me to the Republic of Texas, the only 4 star restuarant in Corpus Christi. It is also the restuarant where we had dinner on our wedding night and is located on the 20th floor of the hotel where we spent our honeymoon. He got us the same table where sat on our honeymoon! He also called ahead to tell them that it was our first date since the baby came, and asked them to bring the same dessert we had on our wedding night. Jered even wore the same thing he wore for our wedding night dinner. (Unfortunately, I'm not a zero anymore, so I had to buy a new dress!) It was so thoughtful and romantic. We had a great time!




1 comment:

  1. Jered-Way to go man...way to make it harder for the rest of us. Here Chrissy, do you want the rest of this Dollar Menu double cheeseburger? I mean come on...

    Chrissy on the other hand thought it was wonderful and got misty eyed.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete