This will be our last post written from San Diego this year. We are flying out Sunday to Texas to see my family for Christmas and New Year's. We were planning to drive, but these last minute plane tickets actually saved us a lot of money that we would have spent on hotels, etc., and Will is going to go on his first airplane ride! Both Jered and I were adults when we first flew, so Will is experiencing this new form of travel a lot sooner than we did. We are hoping that the pressure doesn't bother his ears too much, which is about the only thing we're really worried about. We are very excited for Will to meet the rest of his
family, and also to celebrate his first Christmas. We pray that he will come to know the true meaning of Christmas at an early age.Will is doing pretty well, his gums are just hurting a lot. One day this week, we put him to bed at 6:30 and he woke up at 7:45 crying in pain. We had to give him some Tylenol so he could sleep. He's very happy to chomp on anything to ease the pain--including your fingers! I'm hoping that this first tooth will come in soon so he will not be hurting anymore for while. On a positive note, he's been having great fun with the exersaucer that one of our friends at church let us borrow. We want to get him one for Christmas, but were worried that he'd grow out of it too quickly since he's so big. Our friend let us take this on a trial run to see how it worked out. We will probably get him a similar one--he fits in it perfectly because his torso is the long part and his legs are normal size =) Will has also started sitting by himself for short periods this week and grabbing his feet when he's playing, although they haven't gone in his mouth yet as far as we know (he likes to play with them when he wakes up from his naps and is alone in his crib).
Since we are leaving Sunday and won't be here for Christmas, I gave Jered his gift from me early. As you can see from the picture, not everyone has forgotten the childlike joy of recieving a Christmas gift! We hope that you all have a Merry Christmas as you celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Will is too cute!!! I can't believe how big he is getting. I hope you guys had a great Christmas in Texas. I told Zac about your first date out since having Will. (I was hoping that he might get some ideas for our anniversary in May!) :)
ReplyDelete