Saturday, July 21, 2007

37 Weeks

As week 38 starts tomorrow, this post is a little over due, but Jered rebuilt my computer this week and it is up and running (faster than ever) again. On Monday, Jered was off work so we went to the beach together. It was of course the first (practically!) overcast day since we moved to San Diego. However, it was perfect weather--between 70 and 75--for sitting in our beach chairs and relaxing. Hopefully next time we go out, it will be warmer. We did get in the water and Jered did a little bit of body surfing. Yesterday was my two week check up at Balboa. The doctor found the baby's heartbeat was a little fast (in the 170's), so he sent me to labor and delivery to get a fetal heartrate monitor hooked up for a 30 minute test. I ended up being there for about 2 1/2 hours, but everything checked out okay in the end. Will's heartrate would spike around 180, but then go back down to normal. The doctors said this is expected and is actually better than a heartrate with no fluctuation. Because of my gestational diabetes, he wants me to go to the fetal assessment unit weekly from now until the baby is born so they can monitor his movement and heartrate. They also monitored my contractions, which I had 3 of in 30 minutes. I didn't realize I was having that many because they don't hurt yet. I haven't really dilated at all (a fingertip), so it seems that Will is going to keep us waiting a little while longer =) We can't wait to see our son and are eagerly looking forward to what the next two weeks will bring.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I now see it was something on my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,
    You look great! We will be praying for you and the upcoming delivery of Will. You are going to do great.
    Love, Natalie

    ReplyDelete