
About a month ago, we noticed that Will was really interested in letters and reading. He learned the letter X on Sesame Street, and he was calling all the letters he saw X. I thought, oh why not, and 10 days ago, I started teaching him to recognize the letter O. He knows what a circle is, so I figured that would be easy. He learned it very quickly and soon was pointing out O's in books, on street signs, store names, etc. So I tried another and he learned S. So we did some more. Now he knows O, S, E, and C. It's really cool when we're reading a book and he says, "It's an E!! It's an S!!" Ditto when we're driving down the street and he's calling out letters. Jered has been out of town the last week, so he was excited to read Will his book before bed tonight and have Will read just a tiny bit back. Very cool. A cute thing he started saying this week is, "I don't know." Last night, he walked downstairs and said, "Where's Daddy? I don't know." He has also started saying, "Sack off, where's the feet?" when I get him up from his crib (he sleeps in a sleepsack, which zips his feet in). It's so adorable.
I chose these pictures for this week because Jered is always trying to get Will to wear a hat...so while he was out of town, Will wore his hats everyday. Of course! My mom told me to take a picture quick for evidence, so I did!

I made the "mistake" of teaching Carter about stoplights. He knows red means stop, yellow means slow down, and green means go. Now he will watch the lights and yell "GO MOMMY!" when it turns green! He doesn't understand that I have to wait for the other cars to start moving too! My little backseat driver! :oP
ReplyDelete