Here are a couple of pictures to let you in on the best toddler fashion this fall. Hats are a must of course, and you can't beat a comfy sweatsuit!
The last week has brought many changes to Will's daily routine. He was struggling with his naps last week, so we've decided it's time to change to 1 nap a day. I will miss that down time in the morning, but I'm excited for all the new activities we can do with Will awake longer. He's done really well yesterday and today with his new schedule, which looks something like this: 8-8:30 ~ wake, breakfast
9:30-10:30 ~ playpen time/My Gym class
10:30-11 ~ roomtime/My Gym class
11-12 ~ errands, playdates
12:00 ~ lunch
12:30-3:30 ~ nap
3:30 ~ snack
4-5 ~ playpen time/roomtime
5-6 ~ freeplay
6 ~ supper
6:30-7 ~ bath, play with Daddy, get ready for bed
7:00 bedtime
This week it seems like he's also on a big learning kick. He's learned 4 new signs since the beginning of the month, two just this week: Daddy, more, thank you and eat. He also learned a few new word phrases this week: thank you, woof, woof!, and Hi Will. He's also trying to use hand motions to go with his favorite songs like Open, Shut Them.
I was tickled and a bit taken aback to see Will doing "kid" things recently like combing his own hair, "feeding" his favorite stuffed animal Buddy, combing Buddy, "cooking" with a pot and wooden spoon, and sitting on the floor rolling a ball back and forth with his new friend Ryline, a 2 yr old from toddler storytime at the library. He also learned how to throw things this week, so every ball gets launched as far as he can get it.
On the walking front, he took another step by himself this week, and has started standing up without pulling on something to get up. His favorite toy right now is a dump truck (of course). He just loves trucks, cars, and airplanes. Will likes his quiet time too though, and today he wanted to read a book in the car and also while I was feeding him lunch. I guess he sees Jered and me reading all the time, and wants to be like us!
We went out to eat on Tuesday and were at the restuarant for at least 1.5-2hrs. We got comments from all the people sitting around us about what a well-behaved boy we have. We're really proud of the boy he is growing up to be. It's amazing to watch him learning and growing. I don't usually write this much, but I realized that I haven't written anything about what Will's been up to recently, and thought some of you might be interested in how he's growing and changing.

A peke's dream: freshly washed laundry to cuddle up in.
No comments:
Post a Comment