Friday, October 24, 2008
Nature Center and Playtime at the Park
Tuesday we went to the Chula Vista Nature Center, which features wildlife from our area of California. Daddy loved telling Will about the animals, and the highlights for Will were seeing the bald eagle fly a bit, the large fish in the floor to ceiling tank, and petting the sting rays. This was his favorite of course because he got to splash his hands in the water. He was waving and talking to the sting rays, but they didn't listen too well. He did get a couple of good pets in though, and was a very happy little boy. Will also enjoyed the shark tank a lot, but was disappointed that he couldn't stick his hands in there...
Wednesday and Thursday we ate lunch at the park and had some great playtime with friends. Wednesday we went to Cottonwood Park with Sara and Ella. Ella and Will played on the grass together and also with Ella's cute car wagon. Will wanted to know why we didn't have something cool like that for him to ride in. Thursday we went to toddler storytime at the Bonita Library with Kendra, Hannah, and Haley. Hannah and Will enjoyed the storytime and subsequent playtime, then we went to Rohr Park and had a picnic and playtime. Both days Will was very red when we were done - it was over 95 degrees! Definitely too hot for us spoiled-in-paradise San Diegans. Tomorrow we have a nice indoor activity planned - a costume party at My Gym.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Mandy, I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your updates, even though I don't comment very much. Thanks for sharing what's happening in your life! I hope that I can see you guys soon. I don't think I've met Will yet . . .
ReplyDelete