Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

I was lucky enough to celebrate our country's freedom with a visit from Auntie Abby, my sister. She flew in Thursday afternoon and stayed until after church today. On the way home from the airport Thursday, we stopped at the Fish Market, which is a great seafood restuarant beside the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. We ate on the deck right on the bay. The pigeons kept landing on the deck to try and pick up nibbles - they kept Will very entertained.










On the morning of the Fourth, we went to brunch at the Broken Yolk Cafe near the house and pigged out on spinach/bacon quiches, fresh fruit and homemade blueberry muffins. The best part --not having cook or clean up. We did grill hamburgers for supper and I made an oreo cheesecake for dessert. I was very proud that I used the grill for the first time without singeing any eyebrows! We could see the fireworks at the Olympic Training center very easily from the front porch, which is great considering the displays around here all started at 9pm, way past the little one's bedtime.
Saturday morning we went to the beach on North Island NAS. Abby thought the Pacific was a little colder than she prefers, and couldn't get over the fact that it was a 'little chilly' for going to the beach--even though it was 80 degrees! South Texans are used to the warm Gulf and 100 degree summers, of course. Will also wasn't sure about the water, and thought mommy was crazy for wanting to get into the waves. He prefered to stay safe with Auntie Abby (actually he clung desperately to Abby and cried when I tried to hold him, haha!). Saturday afternoon (after everyone had a 3 hour nap), we went shopping and picked up pizzas at California Pizza Kitchen. We watched movies and had pizza and cheesecake after Will went to bed. We had a wonderful visit and look forward to seeing Auntie again for Will's birthday, the weekend of August 7.

Pug Love: Will and I aren't the only ones who missed Abby! Thanks for coming sis!





PS - This weekend Jered also had some fun. He went to see the new Will Smith movie, ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp, went to the weekly swap meet (lots of Hawaiin touristy stuff), and had lots of gaming time on his new laptop. He's sending me pictures soon so I can see and share what he's been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment