We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day and our 6th wedding anniversary. Saturday, we got a babysitter, put Will to bed at 6:30pm, and went out for some fun. We had supper at the Cheesecake Factory near our house. The weather was beautiful and we ate outside on the patio. For the first half of dinner, we were the only ones out there, so it was nice and quiet. After dinner, we walked over the theater and watched the new Star Trek movie. We've both seen all the Star Trek movies, and we thought this was definitely the best one. We walked back to Cheesecake Factory afterwards and enjoyed some dessert before going home.
Mother's Day was wonderful - Will didn't wake up until 9 this morning, so we got to sleep in later than usual. After some cuddles, Jered took Will downstairs to eat and brought me my breakfast in bed so I could enjoy my book while I ate. We went to church, which was great, then came home for lunch. Jered made us T-bones, and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had (and being from Texas I've had some pretty good ones!). I took a nap on the couch after Jered went to work. When Will got up, we snuggled on the couch for a good half hour (unusual for our active boy) and watched TV. Then he asked to go upstairs and wanted to get inside his playpen, so here I am updating our blog. What a relaxing day! I have more flowers than I know what to do with from Abby, Jered, and Will. They are very beautiful and made this weekend feel even more special. Jered also went with me to DSW and I got to pick out a pair of designer dress shoes for our evening out. We got them for over $30 off, so at least it was a good deal. I usually go for Payless over quality now that I'm not working, so it was kind of fun :-)
Here's some pictures from the last week or so.
Happy Mother's Day, Mandy, and happy anniversary! We missed you today. I hope that things are going well. I thought the Star Trek movie was awesome, too!
ReplyDelete