Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas from Auntie

Since we are flying out next week to Texas, Will got one of his presents early from Auntie Abby. She sent him a new, but retro-style, Radio Flyer tricycle! It has a push handle, which is great for us - and extra fun for Will, who loves to turn anything into a walker...including his playpen, but that's another story! As soon as Daddy got home from work Friday he had to put the trike together, even before eating supper. Jered is in Pt. Mugu this week, probably until next Monday, and then we fly out Wednesday morning, so this came at a perfect time. Any later and Daddy wouldn't have been able to put it together for Will.


























Here is a picture of our Christmas tree. We weren't going to do one this year because Jered will only be home for a couple of days before we go to Texas, but after seeing Will's excitement over the neighbor's Christmas lights, I didn't have the heart to not decorate. I'm a Christmas sap, especially for little kids. So last night I strapped Will into his high chair, put on the Christmas music, and got down the tree and decorations from the garage. That tree is heavy let me tell you, but worth it to enjoy a little Christmas cheer this week! I was very proud of Will's self-restraint too. After I set up the tree, I let him down while I was decorating it. He touched a single light twice, very gently, then went and got his own box of toys to play with. He didn't even try to touch the ornaments or stuff inside the boxes all over the kitchen floor. What a good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment